Frequently asked questions
Click on a question below to read its answer:
How is this program different from other teacher education programs?
Islamic Pedagogy is a set of educational principles grounded in the Islamic tradition. It is a complete framework that informs why, what, and how to teach from an Islamic perspective. It addresses many of the issues that Islamic school teachers face everyday.
Click here for more information on our framework.
Who is the program taught by?
Click here to view the list of guest lecturers and their respective biographies.
Is the program only for Islamic studies teachers? What if I teach Math, Social Studies, French, etc.?
Is it only for K-12 full-time Islamic school teachers? What if I teach at a college, Montessori, home school, weekend school, etc.?
Can I take this program while teaching full-time?
How is course content organized?
What does a typical week look like?
You will need to:
- Review the material for the week including readings, videos, etc.
- Post a comment regarding the module’s content on the discussion board.
- Engage in discussion with fellow participants about the module through the discussion board.
The above tasks would take about 3-5 hours to complete in a typical week.
What happens if I cannot complete my work on time?
If you cannot complete the work for a given module within the week (due to family commitments, illness, travel, etc) — the Course Facilitator will work with you to ensure that you do not fall behind.
What if I am not comfortable with online learning?
What is the difference between a live session and a video lecture?
Video lectures are conducted by leading experts in the field and are one of the anchors of the programs content. The video lectures are pre-recorded so you can view them at any time.
After completing the program, what will I receive?
Can this certificate make me a credentialed teacher?
Are bursaries available?
Click here to fill out the bursary form.
Deadline for bursary applications is Friday, May 4, 2012 at 11:00pm EDT.
What will I receive upon completing the registration process?
- an orientation package which:
- guides you through the program
- outlines important dates throughout the program
- gives details on how the program is structured
- provides you with guidelines to follow throughout each course
Before the course begins, you should familiarize yourself with the syllabus, which outlines course topics in detail and your tasks for each week. These items will be provided to you before the course begins during orientation week:
- a course reader which contains the readings for the course
- a University of Toronto ID (UTORid) which gives you access to Blackboard
- a tutorial about Blackboard which guides you through the online learning platform
My question is not listed here.